Public Masses to Resume
Changes in the Mass due to COVID19
- Masses will be brief (30-40 minutes). This includes Sunday Mass. This time restriction is designed to limit the amount of contact time.
- We are asking parishioners to wear face masks where possible. Obviously those masks will need to be removed for the receiving of communion.
- The presider and deacons will not wear masks during the celebration of Mass. However, they will wear masks when they distribute communion.
- Parishioners should stay 6 feet apart during the celebration (this excludes families and those who arrive in the same car). We have roped off a significant number of pews to help with this spacing.
- There will be no hymnals or missalettes in the pews. We ask you take a song sheet on the way into church and to put it in one of our recycling bins on the way out. I know that this is not particularly eco-friendly; however, it is a safer option in terms of preventing the spread of disease.
- There will be no offertory procession.
- There will be no collection during Mass. Instead, there will be baskets in front of the statues of Mary and Joseph. Feel free to use these at any time before or after Mass.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the sanctuary. We will not be using servers for a while and we will be limiting the number of lectors to 1. Often, this lector will be the deacon, or an assisting priest.
In terms of communion, there will continue to be no communion on the tongue and we will only be distributing the Body of Christ during Mass. In addition, those receiving communion must keep a 6’ distance between themselves and the person in front of them.
Small Group Meeting Guidelines / Adoration Chapel
St. Albert will begin to open our facilities for meetings as long as groups meet appropriate sanitation and social distancing protocols. Because of major renovation happening with our heating system in the school, meetings in the summer will be confined to the Spirit Center.
Room C is only big enough for 4 people in a meeting.
Room D can accommodate up to 24 people.
If possible we ask groups to consider meeting outside on the north side of the Spirit Center as this is a safer option. We will put folding chairs in Room D to help with groups who choose this option.
Please observe the following:
- Schedule all meetings through the parish office (937)293-1191 or email the office at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]
- We ask meeting participants to wear masks.
- Please keep chairs where they are in order to maintain social distancing. This does not include folding chairs used for outdoor meetings.
- Cleaning materials will be provided. We ask that each group using the facilities, wipe down tables and chair arms following their meeting.
In addition to the Spirit Center opening for small meetings, the Perpetual Adoration Chapel in the Spirit Center is also opening. We have removed all but 6 chairs in the chapel in order to facilitate social distancing.
We will provide cleaning materials and we ask you to wipe off metal, wood and plastic surfaces that you may have touched during your visit.